Astronomy 2013 Summer Sweepstakes - Official Rules
1. No Purchase Necessary. Official entry forms are bound in the June 2013,
July 2013, and August 2013 issues of Astronomy magazine. The Astronomy 2013 Summer Sweepstakes is open to residents of the United States and Canada (except Quebec) only, 18 years of age or older. Employees (and their dependents and immediate household members) of Kalmbach Publishing Co., their advertising and promotional agencies and sponsoring companies are not eligible to participate.
2. Sweepstakes Entry. To enter, complete and mail the official entry form or a postcard with your name, address, city, state or province, and zip or postal code to: The Astronomy 2013 Summer Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 378, Waukesha, WI 53187-1199. Or enter online at www.Astronomy.com/sweeps by filling in the Online Entry Form and hitting the SUBMIT ENTRY key. The Online Entry Form must be filled out completely to be eligible. Incomplete or defaced entry forms are void. One entry per household. The official ending date for The 2013 Summer Sweepstakes will be July 19, 2013, and all entries must be transmitted or postmarked no later than that date.
3. Prizes and Odds of Winning. One drawing will be held on or around September 17, 2013 for the following awards: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of a SkyProdigy 6 (retail value $999.00). One (1) First Prize consisting of an AstroMaster 70AZ (retail value $149.95). One (1) Second Prize consisting of a SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars (retail value $89.95). One (1) Third Prize consisting of a Celestron FirstScope w/accessory kit (retail value $59.95). Ten (10) Forth Prizes consisting of a one year subscription to Astronomy magazine (retail value $42.95 each). Cash equivalents of merchandise will not be awarded. Substituting prizes is not allowed. Any applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Total circulation for Astronomy magazine is 106,841. Sweepstakes void in Quebec and void where prohibited.
4. Validation and Acceptance. Winners in the Astronomy 2013 Summer Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing. Canadian prize awards subject to skill test requirement. By entering the sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these official rules and all decisions of Kalmbach Publishing Company. Sweepstakes entries void if not legible, not completed in full, not obtained legitimately, or if forged, photocopied, mechanically reproduced, late or tampered with. The potential winners may have to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, publicity release and Release of Liability within fourteen (14) days of notification. In the event of non-compliance, alternate winners will be randomly drawn. No responsibility is assumed for lost, stolen, misdirected or late entries or notifications. All sweepstakes entries become the property of Kalmbach Publishing Co. and will not be returned.
5. Winner's List. For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Astronomy 2013 Summer Sweepstakes Winners List, P.O. Box 1612, Waukesha, WI 53187-1612. Residents of FL, VT, and WA may omit stamp. Requests must be received by July 19, 2013. Or check the Astronomy web site (www.Astronomy.com) after November 16, 2013.
6. Kalmbach Publishing Co. shall not be liable for any injury, loss, damage, cost or expense arising, directly or indirectly, in connection with sweepstakes and the prize awarded.
7. Sponsored by Kalmbach Publishing Co., P.O. Box 1612, Waukesha, WI 53187-1612.